Maggie’s Farm, one of Colorado’s most respected and fastest growing marijuana companies, is in the business of transforming an industry.
Apply online at careers.marijuanacentral.com
Maggie’s Farm, one of Colorado’s most respected and fastest growing marijuana companies, is in the business of transforming an industry. We provide unparalleled excellence in production and customer service from our 100% organic farms to our medical and recreational marijuana centers. If you’re high energy, extremely reliable and focused on exceptional results, here’s your chance to expand your career with a respected leader in Colorado’s fastest growing industry.
With headquarters in the Denver Technology Center, we’re looking for an experienced Senior Accountant. The Senior Accountant will support senior managers and staff through performing complex technical and administrative functions including general accounting, payroll administration, bookkeeping, financial reporting, technical support, and administrative support for employees and contract staff. The ideal candidate will have a successful track record of managing cross-functional tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment.
As our Senior Accountant, you’ll work closely with our department heads, consultants and vendor partners. Your versatility, flexibility, and adaptability will play a critical role in your success. And as our business expands, we want your career to grow with new and exciting challenges and responsibilities.
· Serves as lead accountant and bookkeeper ensuring accurate and appropriate record keeping
· Provides general accounting support including accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank deposits, reconciliations, fixed assets, employee/contractor expenses, and payroll as well as all related journal entries
· Prepares monthly financial reporting and forecasting including balance sheets, profit/loss statements, budgets and general operating reports
· Completes cash and bank reconciliations
· Creates and maintains filing systems and processes including physical files and electronic storage systems for all company documents including, but not limited to, employee files, vendor files, customer proposals, customer contracts, company policies and other company documents
· Coordinates with outside accounting firm to ensure timely review and completion of financial filings and tax documents
· Develops and administers policies and processes to support the general operations of the business including accounting and operations policies
· Maintains a safe and secure working environment
· Provides additional support to other areas of the business as requested by management
· 3 years general accounting/bookkeeping experience using QuickBooks or equivalent
· Prefer 5 years of experience serving as an accountant, senior bookkeeper or overall office manager in a small to mid-size professional office setting
· Strong understanding of general accounting, payroll, employment tax and sales tax administration
· Excellent MS Word and MS Excel skills
· Prefer both Apple OS/X and Windows experience
· Outstanding detail orientation, time management, and communication skills
· Shows extraordinary confidentiality, integrity and professional presentation and conduct
· Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience, preferably in finance or accounting
Maggie’s Farm is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. Successful candidates must complete a background check prior to beginning employment.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter including salary history to [email protected]
This job posting may be expired at the time of contact.