By Gregg Prescott, M.S.
Despite marijuana being classified as a Schedule 1 drug under the Controlled Substances Act of 1970, GMO conglomerate Monsanto was recently approved for a patent on marijuana (U.S. Patent No. 6630507).
At one point in time, you could actually be arrested for NOT growing hemp, as mentioned in the article, “ The Marijuana Conspiracy“:
REFUSING TO GROW HEMP in America during the 17th and 18th Centuries WAS AGAINST THE LAW! You could be jailed in Virginia for refusing to grow hemp from 1763 to 1769; Hemp in Colonial Virginia, G. M. Herdon.
The United States Government, through the Department of Health and Human Services, filed a patent for cannabis to be used as a neuroprotectant and antioxidant in 2003.
Because medical marijuana is now considered medical treatment in the United States, the terms for it being a Schedule 1 drug have been violated.
A Schedule 1 drug means that:
- The drug or other substance has a high potential for abuse
- The drug or other substance has no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the US
- There is a lack of accepted safety for use of the drug or other substance under medical supervision
One must ask:
- Why would anyone would need a patent on a “weed”?
- Why would glyphosate even be needed to eliminate potential insects from harming a weed?
- What kind of detrimental health effects would people be receiving if they were to smoke this product?
- What types of longitudinal studies has Monsanto run on this patent and what were the results?
- What other non-privatized groups have run unbiased studies on this new patent and what were their results?
The answer is quite simple: it’s all about greed, control, and eugenics.
Government admits marijuana cures cancer
The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) recently reported that “recent animal studies have shown that marijuana can kill certain cancer cells and reduce the size of others. Evidence from one animal study suggests that extracts from whole-plant marijuana can shrink one of the most serious types of brain tumors. Research in mice showed that these extracts, when used with radiation, increased the cancer-killing effects of the radiation.”
Cancer is a $162 billion per year industry. According to Dr. Leonard Coldwell, there are over 300 cures for cancer but because this industry generates so much money, none of these will see the light of day.
In the end, it shows how the government is pushing the eugenics/depopulation agenda as our air, water, and food supplies are all being poisoned and the government is doing nothing about it.
The future of marijuana
With Monsanto getting their greedy little fingers into the marijuana industry, one can foresee how nasty and dangerous additives will be included in this new form of frankenweed. Damaging health effects will most likely become the reason to abolish all other forms of marijuana, with Monsanto blaming natural growers of marijuana for health problems that their Frankenweed will inevitably cause. This excuse will also be used in further government regulations and taxation of marijuana.
Marijuana and hemp have been proven to be one of the most versatile cash crops ever known to man as they could:
- easily stop the production of oil and be used as a replacement for gasoline. Hemp is clean, renewable, and could replace every other form of energy on this planet
- be used for clothing
- stop deforestation (FACT: no tree or plant species can produce as much paper as one acre of marijuana)
- GREATLY reduce pollution by the elimination of oil mining, deforestation, gas emissions, etc..
- replace GMO cotton and double the production of fiber in 1 acre
- replace most facets of home building with hemp, such as using hempcrete, which is 3x more resistant to earthquakes. It can also be used for wall insulation, flooring, walls, and roofing and is fire-proof, waterproof, and termite resistant.
- nutrition through hemp seeds as they’re very high in protein
Of course, there are MANY other vast benefits from marijuana and hemp but the main focus of this article is why Monsanto needs to profit from something that grows naturally and can benefit mankind in so many ways.
As we’ve seen with the comparison between organic food and Monsanto’s GMO’s, organic food has substantially more nutrients and substantially less health detriments, so why would anyone want genetically modified marijuana?
Would you trust genetically modified marijuana?