Any Chef Recipe: Turkey Gravy
MmmMmmm, turkey gravy! Is there anything better on mashed potatoes and juicy bird right from the oven? Add a little "kick" to this years gravy with this super easy, fool proof recipe! As a bonus, it's easy to double or triple for those large holiday crowds.
1/3 cup cannabutter
1/3 cup all purpose flour
6 cups turkey or chicken stock
salt and pepper to taste
1) Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat.
2) Whisk in flour.
3) Reduce heat to low; whisk until roux is golden brown, about 2 minutes.
4) Bring stock to a boil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
5) Add 1-2 cups skimmed and strained roast turkey drippings. (If you're short on drippings, skim fat from pan and add 1-2 cups water. Scrape up browned bits with a wooden spoon; strain liquid into stock.)
6) Season to taste with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
7) Whisk in roux.
8) Reduce heat to low; simmer gently for 5 minutes for gravy to thicken and flavors to meld.
Prepare yourself for some awesome food!