Any Chef Recipe: Sea Salt Caramels
These cannabis caramel squares with sea salt is an excellently decadent treat for you to try. The best part is that they're very easy to make! Maybe a new party treat for the holidays? This recipe gives you a chance to double up on two medibles depending on how strong you'd like them.
1 cup cannabutter (2 sticks or 1/2 pound)
1 cup whipping cream
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar (OR cannasugar)
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup dark corn syrup
1 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1) Get out a large saucepan (at least 1/2 or 3/4 gallon capacity) and butter the bottom and sides. You can use cannabutter to do this if you have extra. Now add the 1/2 pound of cannabutter and melt it on very low heat. You do not want to use medium or high heat, because you will burn the butter and thus waste precious cannabinoids.
2) Once the butter is melted, add the brown sugar, sugar, both corn syrups and the whipping cream, adding each ingredient a little at a time and mixing in while doing so.
3) Now that all your ingredients are in, you can briefly raise the heat to medium-high, but no more, and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring off and on while doing so. When it first starts to boil, reduce the heat to medium or just below medium and continue to cook, stirring occasionally until the mixture reaches 248°F.
4) Once the mixture has reached 248°F, remove it from the heat and stir in the tsp. of vanilla.
5) After this is complete, pour the mixture into a 9" baking pan that has been lined with foil and the foil has been greased with butter. Cool it gradually at room temperature, and sprinkle with sea salt once it begins cooling. Make sure it cools completely before you use to foil to lift the brick of caramel out of the pan.
6) Once you do this, cut the pieces into desired size squares - or any shape - and enjoy these potent treats! Wrap in plastic wrap or vacuum-seal and place in the refrigerator for up to a week to store.