Any Chef Recipe: Meatballs
Meatballs are a wonderful, delicious, versatile item to have stocked up on. Meatball subs, spaghetti garnish, even Swedish style for a toothpick appetizer. This recipe makes a good sized batch, and it's easy enough for anyone to follow.
2 tablespoons cannabutter
1/2 small onion, minced
1.5 pounds of ground round beef (85% lean)
1 egg yolk
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon salt
black pepper to taste
1 teaspoon ground allspice
7-10 grams of high-grade cannabis ground into a fine powder
1.5 pieces white bread, crust removed, torn and soaked in whole milk OR cannamilk
This recipe makes about 30 meatballs.
1) Preheat the oven to 275°F. Place the powdered cannabis on a cookie sheet spread out in an even, thin layer and bake for 20 minutes. Once done baking cool cannabis to room temperature.
2) Increase the heat of the oven to 300°F.
3) Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent. Remove the onion to a plate and cool. Wipe out the pan with a paper towel.
4) In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground meat, egg yolk, heavy cream and onion. Add salt, pepper, allspice and cannabis. Squeeze excess milk from the bread and add it to the bowl. Mix gently with your hands or wooden spoon.
5) With a bowl of cold water standing by, form meatballs about 1-inch across. Dip your fingers in cold water, from time to time, to keep the meat from sticking to your hands.
Melt the remaining butter in the sauté pan and once the foam has subsided add a layer of meatballs. Do not overcrowd the pan. Shake the pan once in awhile, to keep the meatballs round. Brown all of the meatballs, in batches, removing them to a large oven safe dish (like a cake pan) when cooked. Put the dish in the oven for about 20-25 minutes, being careful not to overcook them.
Bam! Bon appétit!