Any Chef Recipe: Lemon Bars
I love lemon bars - I can't help it. The mix of sweet and tangy gets me every time. This is a great holiday recipe to bring along. It also allows for the use of a LOT of THC infused ingredients - I suggest picking two of the three.
1 cup cannabutter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar OR cannasugar
2 cups all-purpose flour OR cannaflour
1 1/2 cups white sugar OR cannasugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour OR cannaflour
2 lemons, juiced
1) Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
2) In a medium bowl, blend together softened butter, 2 cups flour and 1/2 cup sugar. Press into the bottom of an ungreased 9x13 inch pan.
3) Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until firm and golden.
4) In another bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 1/2 cups sugar and 1/4 cup flour.
5) Whisk in the eggs and lemon juice. Pour over the baked crust.
6) Bake for an additional 20 minutes in the preheated oven.
The bars will firm up as they cool. For a festive tray, make another pan using limes instead of lemons and adding a drop of green food coloring to give a very pale green.
After both pans have cooled, cut into uniform 2 inch squares and arrange in a checker board fashion. Don't forget to enjoy!