Any Chef Recipe: Cream Cheese Frosting
Even without the added THC, this is the best cream cheese frosting recipe I've ever tasted. Not super sweet, but amazing on cupcakes, brownies, and layer cakes. Stick with the full-fat cream cheese for the best taste and consistency (low fat tends to make the frosting thinner.)
1 cup cannabutter, softened
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, such as Philadelphia, softened
2 teaspoons pure vanilla
4 cups powdered sugar OR powdered cannasugar, spooned in cup, leveled off & sifted
1) Using an electric stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, or handheld mixer and large bowl, beat butter on medium speed until creamy.
2) Add cream cheese and vanilla; beat until fully incorporated.
3) Gradually increase mixer speed to high and continue beating until light and fluffy, scraping down the sides of bowl as necessary with rubber spatula.
4) Gradually add 4 cups powdered sugar, beating on low speed (stir), until well combined. Add additional powdered sugar until desired consistency for spreading and level of sweetness is reached.
5) Beat on high speed until well combined and smooth while scraping down sides of bowl as necessary, about 1 to 2 minutes. Before frosting cake layers, rebeat buttercream to ensure smoothness.